Amusement and theme parks are one of the most popular attractions in every city visits especially when traveling with kids, as a family or group of young friends. Istanbul offers great theme parks ranging from huge ones with a variety of great thrills and rides to aquariums, dolphinariums, themed museums and more.
In this guide, we gathered the most popular amusement and theme parks in Istanbul.
ISFANBUL (formerly VIALAND) is one of the best theme parks in Istanbul as well as in Europe and offers great attractions for both kids and adults. Located at the Eyup district and operating since 2013, “Isfanbul” was “Vialand” before and although it has been renamed Isfanbul on April 2018, many tourists and locals still know it as “Vialand”.
What makes Isfanbul amazing is that it is not only a theme and amusement park but also a huge complex that combines theme park, shopping, entertainment and exhibition centers in one place.
And that allows families to spend a great time here while their kids have fun at the variety of the attractions such as thrills, rides, rollercoasters and carousels and they can spend time at the shopping center, themed streets, great boutiques, festival and event areas, restaurants and cafes.
The huge shopping center also houses an indoor zoo named “Jungle” apart from the theme park.
We can say that you and your kids may spend the whole day at Isfanbul without getting bored. No chance. It is the best place in Istanbul for kids.
What makes Isfanbul different from the other theme parks?
• The complex covers an area of 600.000 m2 which is very very huge. Its combination of both being a big shopping and amusement center is unique worldwide. That’s why the park is the most popular point of interest in Istanbul for all ages.
• The shopping center of Isfanbul is not like the classic ones in all over the world, it houses more than 200 stores along with its three-story open and closed shopping streets with a nostalgic tram operating in between.
• Isfanbul has been listed on the top 10 Theme Parks in the World and gained European Star Award 2016 amongst the 800 theme parks in the world.
Which are the most visited Isfanbul theme park attractions?
There are 24 different rides and attractions in Isfanbul theme park to choose from. We recommend the below ones.
• The world’s 4th best Roller Coaster named “Nefeskesen (Breathtaking), that reaches 110 km/hr speed in just 3 seconds.
• The Crazy River (Cilgin Nehir), an unforgettable adventure along a 700 meters river and a waterfall.
• The Justice Tower (Adalet Kulesi), an extreme landing with full adrenaline from 50 meters.
• The 360, that you look around while your head is down, from 28 meters.
• The attractions such as Viking (a water adventure) and King Kong (you are on the hands of King Kong, 15 meters from the ground).
Insider Reviews, Tips & Recommendations for your Isfanbul visit
• We can say that Isfanbul amusement and theme park is a must-visit place in Intanbul for both kids and adults with great attractions and landscaping. You’ll get very much excited, scared and thrilled.
• You can spend the entire day there in between the theme park and the nearby shopping center without getting bored. Many families with two kids visit Isfanbul in between the opening and closing hours and they say they needed more time. A note for you; kids below 110 cm. height will not able to play the majority of the games as they can’t reach.
• You may also visit the complex for just strolling along its Ottoman and European-style shopping streets, make shopping, watching a favorite movie at its cinema and spend time with its lively cafes and restaurants, you don’t have to visit the theme park.
• Apart from the theme park, there is an indoor zoo named “Jungle” located at the shopping center that worth a visit for kids. It has a lot of reptiles, water creatures and some African animals like monkeys.
• For tourists, we recommend them to visit Isfanbul on the weekdays if possible. The majority of the locals visit the park at the weekends and the park becomes very crowded.
• You are entering the theme park with your ticket and inside you are free to take all the park rides and attractions for free. You don’t have to buy any tickets inside which is very easy to spend the day without making calculations.
• But for the Isfanbul theme park entrance ticket, you may have to wait so much for the ticket line, especially at the very crowded hours. We recommend you to buy your Isfanbul theme park tickets online to get skip-the-line access to Isfanbul.
• Also, make sure you keep your ticket until you leave the park that you may be asked for your ticket during your visit.
• We recommend you to visit the theme park with comfortable/sports shoes and with a cap for the summer months to feel comfortable. You should also check the Istanbul weather since many of the theme park attractions are outdoor.
• For expats with kids or for the ones who will want to visit the park on and on during the year, we recommend you to buy an annual Isfanbul Card and get 1-year unlimited access to Isfanbul for $35.
• Isfanbul has a free parking area with a capacity of 8,000 vehicles, but as its being a huge complex and the region’s traffic (parking area always very crowded and the connecting roads traffic can be a mass), we recommend you to visit Isfanbul via public buses, local or private taxis or by tour agents offering ticket and transfer.
You may read more about how to get to Isfanbul recommendations below and plan your transportation.
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of making all the above arrangements on your own, you may arrange your Isfanbul theme park visit including the Isfanbul entrance ticket, 2 ways transfer via tour agents.
We recommend the below popular Isfanbul tours with easy cancellation with a FULL REFUND up to 24 hours in advance of the tour date. Please check all and find the one that best suits your needs. Some offer extras that’s why there is a price difference. Most of them take you from a tourist meeting point but if you give small extra, they give pick-up and drop-off hotel service.
• Admission Ticket: Isfanbul Theme Park-VIALAND from $22.
• Vialand Theme Park Day Trip from Istanbul from $37.
• Full-Day Private Tour: Vialand and Jurassic Land from $150.
• Isfanbul and Jungle Entrance Ticket and Transfers inc. Lunch from $70.
• Isfanbul Vialand Theme Park and Shopping Mall Day Tour from $55.
Open everyday between 10:00-20:00 (till 21:00 for weekends).
Address: Yeşilpınar Mah. Şehit Metin Kaya Sok. No:11/1, Eyup, Istanbul
Tel: +90 850 210 85 63 (call center)
Isfanbul Theme Park is located in the Eyup district of Istanbul, about 11-13 km. from Sultanahmet and 11-14 km. from Taksim via different routes. Isfanbul has both indoor and outdoor free parking area with a capacity of 8,000 vehicles but we recommend you to take public transportation, free shuttle service, taxis or tour agents with tickets and transfer included. You may get to Isfanbul theme park via;
How to Get There?
Free Shuttle Ring Service
Note that there is a limited capacity.
• Departure from the stop Eminonu Port to Isfanbul – 10:00 / 11:00 / 12:00 / 13:00 / 14:00 / 15:00 / 16:00 / 17:00 / 18:00 / 19:00 / 20:00
• Departure from the stop Isfanbul to Eminonu Port – 11:00 / 12:00 / 13:00 / 14:00 / 15:00 / 16:00 / 17:00 / 18:00 / 19:00 / 20:00 / 21:00
Public bus one-way ticket price is $1.
• 49T from Taksim
• 49G, 49Y, 49K, and 49A from Sisli
• 47 and 47E from Eminonu
• 39 and 39D from Yenikapi
Private Taxi Transfer
You may use Istanbul local taxis for sure. But note that you may wait for a very long time to catch a taxi when you leave the park as there will a big crowd trying to catch a taxi like you.
Tuzla Marina Aquapark Waterland
Summer in Marina Aquapark Waterland, the most entertaining aquapark in Istanbul, and get ready to enjoy the fun! At Marina Aquapark Waterland, which opened its doors on June 23, 2019, in Tuzla Viaport Marina, you can enjoy the fun of the day with exciting different slides by experiencing the adrenaline line with its delightful water trails.
- All the aquapark equipment and entrance tickets.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Free Shuttle By Land from Sultanahmet/ Taksim/ Kadikoy Depart at 10:00 AM – 12:00 – 14:00
- Free Transportation by Sea from Yenikapi to Viaport Marina depart at 11:00 AM (Reservation required!)
Address & Opening Hours
Departure & Return Departure Point ViaSea, Cami Mah. Balikcilar Sok. No: 20 Tuzla, Istanbul 34940 Turkey Departure Time 7/4/2019 – 7/6/2021 Monday – Sunday: 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Viaquapark will be the newest and the most exciting attraction of the summer in Istanbul! The 24.5-meter-high Looping Rocket is the largest water slide in Europe. Aquatube, Tunnel Freefall, Kamikaze, Windigo, Space Hole and Rafting slides are some of the fun and adrenaline-laden toys here.
You will be entertained by the slides you descend from steep slopes, the steep slopes that you can easily climb through and the tube slides adorned with jet black but with visual effects. This park also has great toys for the little ones.
Slides, water games and pools, and the little ones will be fun for them and the entertainment will be for the family.
Additional Info Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
Istanbul Aquarium is a spectacular tourist attraction and a public aquarium in Istanbul which covers an area of 6,000 square meters. It hosts a special-themed 1,2 km long travel route originating in the Black Sea towards the Pacific.
If you wish to explore and submerge into sea life, the theme park is home to a variety of fish species. After traversing the aquarium to your heart’s content, there is a lot more to experience.
You may stop by the restaurant inside and surround yourself with the Panama Canal view on one side and the sea view on the other. You may like to watch out the insanely adorable gifts at the gift shop which is located on your way out. Explore the thousand square meter rainforest and witness other great attractions which make it a worthy destination. It is one of the best aquariums and theme parks in Europe.
Get prepared to relive your childhood days as Miniaturk, the miniature museum in Turkey can bring out the kid in you. If you plan to travel through Istanbul you should not miss this miniature museum at any cost. It is one of the best things to do in Istanbul with your kids and family.
The park hosts 114 miniature models of famous buildings. Located at the Golden Horn region of Istanbul, this park is the largest miniature park in the world where all models are designed on a 1/25th scale. Those who seek out some food and shopping can visit the restaurants on-site and the souvenir shop which is located inside this miniature park.
Are you one of those who love to explore the exciting world of marine mammals? If yes, then, Istanbul Dolphinarium must be on the top of your travel itinerary while you are in Turkey. It is the biggest Dolphinarium in Europe that invites you to meet in person with merry dolphins and fur seals, and massive walruses and whales.
Visitors of all ages can have a fascinating experience watching the dolphin shows and discovering the world of sea mammals.
Do you want to live and experience the era of Dinosaurs? If yes, then, you must visit the Jurassic Land in Istanbul. A combination of theme park and museum, it provides wholesome entertainment for both adults and children. From watching a 4D movie to visiting a dinosaur dedicated museum the park is both informative and entertaining.
This park has 70 animatronics dinosaurs and the biggest 4D simulator of Turkey. The Juracopter ride brings you face to face with the extinct predators. Kids can earn their paleontologist certificate by discovering dino eggs in the digging cave.
Forestanbul provides various nature side activities for children and adults in the middle of the city. With an area of 65000 sqm, it is Turkey’s biggest adventure park providing an open area experience to all ages. Slide on the rope like Tarzan, walk on the rope-like Indiana Jones or play paintball. Hone your skills in archery and cart biking under the watchful eyes of professionals.
Spice up your workout routine with different kinds of physical actives in Forestanbul. If you and your family want to get away from city life and fall in the lap of nature then Forestanbul is calling you.